Travel Booking and Management System

Software projects delivered by QSoft Vietnam

A powerful tour operator console and a booking engine

Our client was looking to maintain and upgrade a travel management system they developed since early 2000's. It was a huge system built upon PHP 4, MySQL server and no longer capable of providing users good experience in using it as it was slow, buggy and un-expandable. It also exposed risks of data leakage and access security.

The system allowed direct connection to global distribution systems such as Galileo, Amadeus, etc., third-party accounting tool (Xero, SAP accounting, etc.), and Microsoft CRM. My client is a very successful tour operator in Cyprus and Italy.

Project duration

Project duration: 45 months

Team Size

Team Size: 11

Satisfaction Score

Satisfaction Score: 97%

System's screenshots

Project challenges

Challenges

  • The eco-system had been being developed for 10 years by many developers.
  • System was built using PHP 4 with no framework used.
  • The business is complex with many rules which are not fully documented.
  • There were many teams and departments collaborating with each other on requirement development.
  • The documents were poorly written and in Italian.
  • Huge database with a very poor design and the system was live and used by many users.

How QSoft solves problems

How we made it work?

  • The first team was divided into squads and in charge of different areas. While Business Analyst rebuilt and documented system features, Developers tried to fixed bugs and did maintenance tasks so system was still live and less buggy.
  • QSoft re-designed the whole architecture of the system, suggested client to move to Symfony Framework, which is also PHP based.
  • We agree with the clients on requirement inputs and feedback system where departments can collaborate and improve process.
  • Development activities was carried out on staging environments, allowing development, testing, and integration/improvement happen at the same time.
Project successful result

Results

  • It took more than 6 months for requirements properly defined
  • After 12 months, the system’s core features was built into a new app.
  • We completed all functionalities of the system on the new app after 45 months.